Royal Victoria Eye & Ear Hospital endeavours to protect and cherish the privacy rights of all staff, patients, and visitors and will take all necessary steps to protect the fundamental privacy rights and freedoms of individuals.
This policy also describes options available to you, our end users and visitors regarding the Hospital’s use of your personally identifiable information and what your rights are regarding access to, correction and deletion of data held by by the Hospital.
Collection and use of personal information on Royal Victoria Eye & Ear Hospital Website
Royal Victoria Eye & Ear Hospital does not collect any personal data about you on this website. Any information which you provide in this way is not made available to any third parties. We do not pass on any of your personal information when dealing with your enquiry, unless you have given us permission to do so. Any personal information which you choose to send to us via the website will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Acts, 1988 and 2003.
Collection and use of technical information
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s hard drive while they are visiting a particular website. It contains simple information about the user’s identity but no personal information. When the user closes their browser, the cookie is destroyed. You can set your computer not to accept cookies without a loss of functionality on this website.
Log Files: Technical details in connection with visits to this website are logged by us for our statistical purposes. No information is collected that could be used by us to identify website visitors. The technical details logged are confined to the following items:
- The IP address of the visitor’s web server
- The top-level domain name used (for example .ie, .com, .org, .net)
- The previous website address from which the visitor reached us, including any search terms used clickstream data which shows the traffic of visitors around this web site (for example pages accessed and documents downloaded)
- The type of web browser used by the website visitor
- The Operating System used by the website visitor
Statistical information that is gathered does not constitute “personal data” for the purposes of the Data Protection Acts, 1988 and 2003.
Links to Other Sites: You should be aware that:
- Links to other websites do not constitute an endorsement of that website by Royal Victoria Eye & Ear Hospital.
- Royal Victoria Eye & Ear Hospital is not responsible for the content or privacy policies of any other websites to which you may find links on this website.