The New Frontiers in Ophthalmology Meeting was held on Thursday 12th June 2014 in the Education and Conference Centre of the Royal Victoria Eye & Ear Hospital.
- Lloyd Paul Aiello (Harvard University)
- Mr Mark Cahill (Royal Victoria Eye & Ear Hospital)
- Dr Reinhold Medina (Queens University Belfast)
- Mr David Keegan (Mater Misericordiae University Hospital & Mater Private Hospital))
- Mr Rob Acheson (Mater Private Hospital))
The meeting was sponsored by Novartis. The meeting had a excellent turnout and we received very positive feedback. We would like to thank the speakers Mr Mark Cahill (Chair), Prof Lloyd Paul Aiello, Dr Reinhold Medina, Mr David Keegan and Mr Rob Acheson and in particular Novartis for making the meeting such a great success.
- Lloyd Paul Aiello, MD, PhD, Professor of Ophthalmology, Harvard University Journey to the Edge of the Retina / Journey through the Depths of the Retina
- Mark Cahill, Clinical Lead, Global Vision, Royal Victoria Eye and Ear Hospital Diabetic Retina Screen Photography and Grading : Why, Where and How (it’s done)
- Reinhold Medina, M.D. Ph.D. Centre for Experimental Medicine Medicine, Dentistry & Biomedical Science, Queen’s University Belfast Potential Uses for Endothelial Progenitors in Diabetic Retinopathy
- David Keegan, PhD FRCOphth FRCSI(Oph) National Clinical Lead for Diabetic Retinopathy Transition to a National Diabetic Retinopathy Screening and Treatment Programme
- Robert Acheson, Clinical Lead, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital & Mater Private Hospital Diabetic Retina Screen – Arbitration and Gatekeeping